We provide a comprehensive range of services specifically geared to the needs of crypto fund managers, whether they are launching their first funds or are an established institutional manager looking to expand into crypto strategies. We are able to offer a range of services tailored to the specific needs of crypto funds including applying industry-accepted valuation techniques, trade reconciliation and processing in-kind subscriptions.
Through our established global network and key partnerships in the crypto ecosystem, we can assist managers with:
- Fund formation
- Banking solutions
- Audit and tax
- Arranging for independent directors
- Regulatory or turnkey funds umbrella solutions
We have partnered with Lukka, a leading blockchain technology platform, to enable us to automate and optimize back office processes and reporting and offer key data integration, capture and processing of exchange/ OTC transactions.
We can also advise managers on:
- subscriptions in kind
- asset storage: both hot/cold wallet
- Maintain the principal corporate books and records
- Provide statutory representation
- Manage subscriptions, redemptions, exchanges and transfers of fund interests
- Statutory reporting
- Maintain register of investors
- Arrange for annual audit
- Administer fund bank accounts
- Monitor and pay fund expenses
- Full turnkey fund and portfolio accounting for digital asset hedge and venture capital funds
- Maintain full accounting and investment portfolio records
- Trading and cash activity reconciliation
- Monitor and account for forks and other transactions unique to digital assets
- Financial statement preparation
- Decentralized Finance (DeFi) transactions
- Fund manager and custodian fee calculations and payments
- Investor onboarding and AML/ KYC
- Contact management
- Process Subscription and redemption
- Board of Director and General Partner support
- Liaise with investors for all fund correspondence
- FATCA/CRS Services
- Cayman MLROs
- Compliance, Tax and CoSec services
Our crypto funds are supported by our Paxus or Advent Geneva IT platforms and offer managers and investors portals access.
Our Digital Asset Specialists are on hand to assist you with any queries you may have and discuss your needs in more detail. Please contact any of our key personnel:
Europe - Karine Seguin
Europe - Albert Cilia
Europe - Aaron Sammut
US - Dan Smith
US - Vetrece Martin
Asia - Tony Carr
- Crypto Currencies factsheet
- Panel session recording "Digital Asset towards an Institutional Marketplace"
- Karine Seguin’s insight "The Institutionalisation of the Crypto Space: Key Trends to Watch for"
- Dan Smith’s interview with Hedgeweek "Growth curve: how Trident Trust is flourishing as the crypto fund sphere matures"
- Our Digital Asset Specialists' interview with WealthBriefing "The Fast and the Curious: Tech in the Crypto Fund Asset Space"
Nickel Digital Asset Management
Nickel Digital Asset Management is an investment manager connecting traditional finance with the digital assets market. The firm deploys highly sophisticated low-latency algorithmic trading, pursuing a range of arbitrage strategies in both spot and derivative markets, as well as a range of directional buy-and-hold products.
Nickel Digital Asset Management is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Our experience with Nickel
When we met the London team of Nickel Digital Asset Management back in April 2019, it was clear that their main objective was to become a fully fledged digital asset manager offering a range of crypto funds strategies to institutional clients “connecting traditional finance with the digital assets market”. The team had the in-house expertise and sophisticated trading processes to launch their first crypto arbitrage strategy, but for everything else they looked for institutional grade service providers to support them. The timing was perfect for us as our European funds team in Malta had started developing their crypto practice by working with our US office where the crypto trend originated. Trident Trust Malta was then selected alongside a team of crypto-savvy established service providers – lawyers, auditor, custodian, banker and third party UK FCA investment manager.
Thanks to a dedicated crypto team of now 7, and the Group’s early adoption of crypto technology provider Lukka, Trident Trust Malta has been able to support Nickel from the start, assisting them with the full suite of fund administration services for all their range of products from arbitrage, multi-strategy to long-only trackers and now DeFi strategies.
This is not only the story of a valuable relationship with a client but also a story of mutual growth since we have grown together, learning from each other, adjusting teams, operational processes and infrastructures as needed. Two years on and Nickel is now fully authorized by the UK FCA and Europe’s leading digital asset manager with five diversified crypto strategies and a total AuM of over $300Mn.